Thursday, March 16, 2006

Moby

As an example of how an opinion is depending on viewpoints and how they can change: I just bought Moby's album "Play" on iTunes. This was after hearing his song "Why does my heart feel so bad", which I was starting to like.
Then I remembered that the first time I heard a Moby song, in 2000, I hated it. I disliked it so much that I got up to find out what the heck it was, just so I could "give a name to my pain" as the Joker would have it.
And looking at this, I realized that the song I had heard back then was no other than: "Why does my heart feel so bad"!
---
Talking about Moby, it turns out he is not a bad photographer. Here is one of his:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link, his photos aren't bad at all!

Anonymous said...

Play is awesome. Get his album 18 as well. I can't play one without playing the other. So many great songs on there. I think what I like about them is they have so much humanity. The songs are very soulful, even though they are classed as dance.

Anonymous said...

Huh? I entered italics and bold in my comment as it says ("You can use some HTML tags") but they got replaced by slashes...

Anonymous said...

The comment should have read "Play is awesome. Get his album 18 as well."

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

I see the italics fine.

I bought "18" yesterday! Really nice.

It is very rare I find a new artist to become a fan of, but Moby is one.

Anonymous said...

OK, something very weird is going on with your code. The page looks fine in Firefox (I am on Windows XP) but I use Opera 9, where the words "Play" and "18" are shown as a slash followed by a star! Digging through the stylesheet, I eventually came across a single line that replaces all italics with a slash and a star. This is advanced CSS from level 3 that Opera is good at recognising. However, Firefox, Safari, and even Microsoft's IE8, will one day recognise this code too, and replace all italics the same way! I have no idea why the code is doing this - it makes no sense. If Google were trying to put quote marks around the italics, they are going about it the wrong way.