Saturday, January 28, 2006

Saturday Night Again...

OK, it's Saturday night again, and I'm sitting home again.
Thank god!
When I was much younger, I used to be a tiny bit envious of two kinds of people: those who have a formal education, and those who go out in the weekend.
Now, I am not at all.
On the first one: I know more and I earn far more than most of those people, so what's to worry.
On the second one: going to a smelly pub and getting my ears ruined with noise and my brains cells murdered with booze and coke? I don't think so.
I mean, even if you limit it to an economical viewpoint: look at the cost! Even in the cheap end of town, that is easily a few hundred dollars per month. If you save that up, you'll be a millionaire in a couple of decades, even doing nothing more. Not to mention you will have retained much more brain power, and you might even have used the time saved to educate yourself a little, no? Or just get your sleep, too little sleep is rampant these days, and it is not healthy.
Me, I'm really happy with my "unglamorous" life. :)

4 comments:

Monsieur Beep! said...

Yesssss with age comes wisdom. Nothing against sitting in a cosy pub to indulge in a meal and a Guiness ok. Then getting back to studying, learning, and enjoying the wonderful gift of our lives.

Monsieur Beep! said...

There are milestones in our lives. Apparently you must be one in mine, eloake: a) I saw domai a while ago. It made me more confident of what my feelings (towards esp. human beauty) are.
b) I joined blogger, which I discovered while tracking back your domai links.
c) I found lee's comment. Now I'm checking all internet-related things I can find about him. He's a remarkable person. Another milestone on the path of my life to the cold hell where I will end up for sure **giggle, 'cos I love summer's heat.

Thanks to you all, partners on this globe!

This is a good day.

Zeppellina said...

I`ve never been a `clubber`, even when I was younger. I enjoy the warmth of my home, with my free time there for me to work on artwork, surf the net, read a book, or watch a documentary or film on TV....or just relax for a very long time in a hot bath!
However, it is nice to meet friends in a pub, share some stories and catch up on events, have a good discussion, and just generally share some time over a few glasses.
Strangely enough, I never do that at the weekend, I prefer a weekday evening, when the pubs will be quiet.
Weekend evenings are my own time!

Papu said...

Every has its purpose. Therefore, pubs as well have their purposes. The purpose of a pub is not only to drink alcohol and smoke, but to chill-out together and socialize.