Friday, December 30, 2005

A New Year's Story

A New Year's Story
By Eolake Stobblehouse

I had a dream I was chased by a horrible, half-dead monster through a big house. The house was mine, but much more complex. I was getting away from the monster, but I was still afraid, and I could still smell its rotten stench of death. I thought maybe that is just because the monster is dying.

I caught glimpses of somebody ahead of me, always disappearing. It seemed to be a beautiful woman, and she was glowing. Maybe she even had wings, I could not be sure. I followed her as best I could, and I was tired.

I went past big windows showing the world outside, and it was stormy. Big bat-winged things haunted the people, and the sun was under the horizon, but rising. And the air was clearer than it had been.

I almost caught up with the beautiful woman, and she went through a door I had not remembered. I followed her.

It was a glowing landscape, and I could not see it clearly yet, for my eyes had not evolved to see such energy. It felt like something amazing, something wonderful.

I sat down patiently and tried to evolve faster.

The end

5 comments:

Hannah said...

Hmm... doesn't sound like much fun. You said you were scared in the beginning of the dream - were you still when you sat down and patiently started evolving?

Hannah said...

This comment is actually about your mind over matter article. However, since it took me so long to read it (I'm glad I finally did!) I wanted to leave you a comment where I was sure yuo'd see it.

I thought it was a really interesting article who really clarified a number of points for me. I was under the impression that mind over matter was a whole lot of mumbo jumbo that religious fanatics dealt with. Your article clearly says it's not - and what interests me most is the part about how scientists have also been a part of experiments. That suddenly makes it a lot more believeable for me.

I believe you've piqued my curiosity about this subject ... I think I'll go read some more about it.

What are your personal views on mind over matter?

You would be such an interesting person to interview! :)

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

"Hmm... doesn't sound like much fun. You said you were scared in the beginning of the dream - were you still when you sat down and patiently started evolving?"

Not much. Does it really matter though?

It is fiction, by the way, not a dream.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Many of my favorite stories have monsters, and a nice maiden or two does not hurt either.

Hannah said...

Just curious. :) Was just wondering if the emotion from the first part carried through... and wondering what it would feel like to evolve. As it's a story, then it's just a guess, but it's something I've never thought about before.

Hence the strange question. :)